Born at Bilaspur (Madhya Pradesh) on 12th Dec. 1872, Dr. B.S Moonje had his school life at Bilaspur and Raipur; and became the Doctor from Grant Medical College Mumbai in 1898
He Participated in Boer war (Africa) in 1899, as a member of medical wing.
He gained recognition as the multifaceted personality, Doctor by profession; well versed in shastras; and vigorously active politician, later named as "Dharmaveer" Dr. B.S Moonje.
His contribution in reference to 'Simon Commission', 'Budget Provision for Defence', 'Social Reform' etc. has been proudly acknowledged by society at large.
Dr. Moonje, obsessed with idea of our youth in forces and civil services to uphold the integrity and sovereignty of our Motherland, landed in Nashik.
In 1935 He established Central Hindu Military Education Society at Nashik at his age of 63 with the aim of Indianisation of Army (Indian Defence) and started 'Bhonsala Military School' in 1937.
OUR SCHOOL :
Bhonsala Military School, Nasik was established by Late Dharamaveer Dr. Balkrishna Shivramji Moonje, who was a firm believer of Indianisation of the Armed Forces during the British rule and indispensability of military training to Indian youth. Dr Moonje formed the Central Hindu Military Education Society at Nasik in 1935 and started the school on 12th June 1937.
The school started functioning in the Surgana Palace in Nasik city with 90 students on its roll. The Maharaja of erstwhile Gwalior state, H H Shriman Jivajirao Scindia inaugurated the main building of the school. In his inaugural speech, He said, "It is not a mere coincidence that within a short period of the opening of a first rate public school in India (he was referring to the Doon School, Dehradun), we are here today to open a first rate Military School." Such was the charishma, charm and aura of the founder, that he made the then Governor of Bombay State, Sir Roger Lumley to lay the foundation stone of the present main building of the school.
Over the years, the school has established itself as a premier residential school catering for educational needs of students from all over India and also as a focal point for Military Education. In 1995, the school was granted affiliation by Indian Public Schools Conference, an association of heads of leading public schools of the country.